• Number of cylinders: 4
  • Fuel: Gasoline
  • Transmission: Manual T90
  • Drive type: 4WD
  • Options: 4-Wheel Drive
  • Vehicle Title: Rebuilt, Rebuildable & Reconstructed
  • Interested? Contact seller!

1962 International Harvester Scout 80 800 JEEP BRONCO Description

I am selling a complete rolling chassis. The body was removed four years ago to put on a Ranger pick-up. Then the chassis was sold to the Vocational Automotive school in Mechanicsville, VA where it was stored under a steel carport. It was used to teach kids about auto mechanics. The director of the Vo Tech school told me that the original owner had this running and driving when he removed the body. The Holley carburetor from this Scout leaked around the fuel bowl when I tried it.I used the carburetor from my Scout. You will get the leaky Holley carb with this so that will need to be addressed.I changed the oil, adjusted the points, and put on a temporary gas tank and the motor started up. It sounded pretty good. looking at the plugs they were not oil fouled and the color looked good. I did not run it long because there is no radiator on it right now. The fuel pump looks pretty new and it has a vacuum booster for use with the vacuum wipers. The front axle appears original to the Scout (Dana 27 427:1). The rear axle has been replaced with a Dana 44 (47-11 427:1). I do NOT know the condition of the brakes but I am certain that it needs all new cylinders, shoes and brake lines. It rolls fine so none of the wheels have seized. I personally have two '62 Scouts and the wheels and tires on this chassis came from one of them. The wheels were repainted black last year. They have Michelin LTX A/T 215 75R15 tires with about 80% of the tread left. I decided to change my own Scout and go to stock wheels with bias ply tires.Other parts on this chassis include1. Original Warn IH locking hubs2. Ross steering box3. All tie- rods and steering gear4. Rear step bumper5. Newer Scout II front bumper6. T90 transmission7. Spicer 2-speed transfer case8. Generator replaced with an alternatorThis is offered "As- is, where is" for pick-up only in Chesapeake, VA near Va. BeachI have been a collector of IH Scout and Light trucks for about 20 years.If you have any questions feel free to ask.If you want it shipped we can talk about it before you bid